Recording your visit
When you look at this web site, we make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server addresses
- Your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and the documents downloaded
- The previous site you visited
- The type of browser you used
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the logs. Some sites use ‘cookies’ to track a particular user’s access to the site. Cookies are not used on this site to gather personal information about users except when they are used within a specific web-based application for sessions management purposes.
Recording your email address
We will only record your email address and details that you submit to us. It will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it. We will not use your email address for any other purpose and will not disclose it, without your consent.
Collecting Personal Information
From time to time, we will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a function or activity of this site.
Personal information collected form you are held and used under the provisions of the privacy and Personal Information Protection act 1998. Under the Act you have the right to be informed about:
- When personal information is being collected
- The names and addresses of the agency holding the information
- The purposes for which it is used
- Who we may disclose personal information to
- Whether provisions of the personal information by you are mandatory or voluntary and the effects of not providing it
- That you have a right under the act to apply to access your information or have it corrected
You may take the following steps if you are concerned about the possible disclosure of your personal information:
- Inform us that the information you are providing is confidential and that it is not in the public interest for members of the public to be able to inspect it
- Apply to have your address suppressed from records which are made available for public inspection if there is a risk to your safety or the safety of a member of your family
- Apply to have personal information on any public register suppressed if there is a risk to the safety or well-being of any person
We will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of the site, or unfair or unreasonably intrusive.
For more information about your privacy rights contact Information and Privacy Commission (IPC) New South Wales on 1800 472 679 or www.ipc.nsw.gov.au.